Deluxe Retirement Village in Sydney
Sea change, tree change or green change – you can have it all
Perched at the foothills of the Watagans Mountains in the green heartland of Lake Macquarie, encased between the blue azure lake and lush mountain forest, Catalina Lake Macquarie Retirement Village provides an exceptional lifestyle for over 55 retirees wanting affordable luxury in an idyllic location.
With an aquatic playground twice the size of Sydney Harbour as its centrepiece, an abundance of nature and pristine waterways on its doorstep, unspoilt coastlines to discover and nearby vineyards to explore – all within easy reach of Sydney or Newcastle – it really is the perfect lifestyle destination for retires seeking a sea, tree or green change with plenty of change to spare. Why choose when you can have it all.
Just under an hour’s drive on the M1 from Sydney’s north, you’ll never be far away from the familiar delights of city living. Offering the best of both worlds, you’ll be free to dip in and out as you please, with the beauty and serenity of Catalina Lake Macquarie beckoning you back when you’ve had your fill of the bustling Sydney metropolis.
A retirement lifestyle village without compromise for Sydneysiders
For Sydney retirees considering a downsizing move, who wish to remain in close proximity to family and friends, but escape the hustle, bustle and price tag of city living, Catalina Lake Macquarie ticks all the boxes.
With resort-style facilities and luxury ground level homes in an award-winning over 55s community, Catalina provides incredible value for money and is a much more affordable alternative to other Sydney retirement villages so close to home and without compromise.
Furthermore, where once the Central Coast was a preferred retirement destination for downsizers and over 50s, the steady influx of Sydneysiders seeking more affordable housing within an easy commute to the city, has seen both property prices and traffic rapidly rise in recent years.
Yet just to the north of the Central Coast, on its border, lies the picturesque Lake Macquarie region that offers all the aquatic wonders and retirement lifestyle benefits of its neighbours, but without the traffic congestion or expensive cost of living.
Award-winning retirement community without the city price tag
Architecturally designed around a master-planned over 55s retirement community and constructed with resident’s future needs in mind, our brand-new freestanding homes are for sale starting from the mid $500,000s.
Winner of the prestigious 2019 HIA’s Hunter Region Specialised Housing Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian Housing Awards, Catalina Lake Macquarie has been recognised as a leader in its field – testament to their vision to build the best quality, luxury and affordable over 55s retirement village in the Hunter region and beyond.
Taking resort-style retirement living to a new level, Catalina Village features a state-of-the art community centre with an all-weather 8 rink bowling green, billiards room, gymnasium, residents lounge with cosy fireplaces and outdoor BBQ terrace, 60 seat cinema, plus a heated indoor pool, hydrotherapy spa, café and bistro.
For travel or water lovers there’s plenty of onsite storage for boats and caravans. Each Catalina home occupies its own block of land with a generous garage, private driveway and secure back yard, perfect for entertaining, pets or a veggie garden.
And best of all, Catalina’s retirement homes and community facilities have been purpose-built to comply with the latest Australian Building Standards for Aged and Disability Access – meaning they are accessible to all regardless of mobility and are available for everyone to enjoy.
Live your best life in retirement with so much on your doorstep
Surrounded by nature, yet close to the transport, shops, amenities and medical facilities, Catalina has everything you need or nearby to live your best life in retirement.
- Drive to Sydney’s north shore in less than an hour via the M1 freeway or just 20 minutes to the Central Coast
- Grab a coffee at a rustic country café, a salty sea shack or modern expresso bar – whatever takes your fancy
- Watch the sky turn every shade of pink as the sun sets over majestic Lake Macquarie or catch it rising with the gentle awakening of aquatic life
- Get some retail therapy at nearby shopping centres or, in just a few minutes, jump on the train at Morisset for a day of indulgence in Sydney or Newcastle
- Launch a boat, fish, sail or paddle on the lake – just 10 minutes down the road
- Pedal or stroll around your favourite stretch of Lake Macquarie’s 174 kms of foreshore – taking in spectacular lake views from boardwalks, reserves, jetties and viewing platforms
- Enjoy a picnic to the famed melodies of Bellbirds in the lush and scenic countryside just moments away
- Cruise up the M1 Motorway to explore Hunter vineyards in just over 30 minutes
- Explore deserted beaches and find hidden treasures and surfing spots at some of the East Coasts’ best kept secret locations
- Find a quaint jetty to feast on fish and chips with the grandkids or watch pelicans grace the gentle foreshore
- Explore local walking trails or go hiking in the nearby Watagans National Park, abundant with waterfalls, panoramic views, rainforest and wildlife
- Snap up some fresh produce at a nearby farmer’s gate or visit local garden markets
- Or simply lock up and leave, secure in the knowledge your house and garden will be taken care of, leaving you free to do whatever and go wherever you want, for however long you please.
So much, for so little, so close to Sydney – the best of both worlds
With its relaxed country vibe, aquatic playgrounds, unblemished nature at every corner and the chance to escape the hustle and bustle of life, yet close enough to city convenience without the expensive price tag, it is little wonder this region in one of the fastest growing areas in the Central Coast and Hunter.
Boasting stylish contemporary homes, a compassionate and caring community, fresh country air and resort-style facilities that make you feel like you’re on holiday every single day – Catalina Lake Macquarie is the smart choice for Sydney seniors looking to downsize and live the life they want during your retirement years in a convenient and desirable location at an affordable price.
If you’d like to learn more about our retirement homes, floor plans or prices, or to arrange a private inspection by appointment, get in touch with us by calling 1300 927 786. We’d love to show you around our gem in the Hunter.