Award-Winning Retirement Village on the Central Coast
Lake, beach, mountain – take your pick
Located in the semi-rural heartland of Lake Macquarie, perched between the blue azure of Lake Macquarie and the lush green rainforests of the Watagans Mountains, Catalina Lake Macquarie Retirement Village provides an exceptional lifestyle for retirees and over 55s seeking affordable luxury in the perfect location.
With exquisite unspoilt coastlines nearby, lakes, mountains and vineyards to explore and the thriving regional centres of Newcastle and the Central Coast close by, Catalina is perfectly positioned to make the most of the beautiful Hunter Region.
A retirement lifestyle fit for a Coastie
The Central Coast has long been a haven for retirees looking for a viable lifestyle close to Sydney. However, the steady influx of Sydneysiders seeking more affordable housing within an easy commute to the city, and with technology enabling more work from home opportunities, has seen both property prices and traffic rapidly rise.
Yet just to the north of the Central Coast, on its border, lies the picturesque Lake Macquarie region that offers all the aquatic wonders and retirement lifestyle benefits of its neighbours without the congestion or ever-increasing price tag.
Featuring resort-style facilities and luxury ground level homes in an award-winning over 55s retirement community, Catalina provides incredible value for money and is a more affordable alternative to retirement villages on the Central Coast.
Just a 20 minute drive up the Freeway or a few stops on the train, you’ll never be far from your familiar Coastie haunts, yet close enough dip in and out as you please, with the beauty and serenity of Catalina Lack Macquarie beckoning you back once you’ve had your fill.
Master-planned designer homes without compromise
Architecturally designed around a cleverly master-planned retirement community and constructed with resident’s future needs in mind, our brand-new contemporary homes start from the mid $500,000s.
Receiver of the prestigious 2019 HIA’s Hunter region Specialised Housing Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian Housing Awards, Catalina Lake Macquarie Retirement Village has been recognised as a leader in its field – testament to their vision to build the best quality, luxury and affordable over 55s retirement community in the Hunter region and beyond.
Taking pride of place at Catalina’s heart is a state-of-the-art community centre to rival the best retiree facilities the Central Coast has to offer. Featuring an 8 rink all weather bowling green, billiards room, 60 seat cinema, gymnasium, residents lounge with cosy fireplaces and outdoor BBQ terrace, plus a heated indoor pool, hydrotherapy spa, café and bistro, you’ll never be short of things to do.
For travel or water lovers there’s ample onsite storage for caravans and boats. Each Catalina home occupies its own block of land with a generous garage, private driveway and secure back yard, perfect for entertaining, pets or a veggie garden.
And best of all, Catalina’s retirement homes and community facilities have been purpose-built to comply with the latest Australian Building Standards for Aged and Disability Access – meaning they are accessible to all regardless of mobility and are available for everyone to enjoy.
A tree change and sea change – the best of both worlds on your doorstep
Surrounded by nature, yet close to transport, shops, amenities and medical facilities, Catalina has everything you need or nearby to live your best life in retirement:
- Drive to Sydney’s north shore in less than an hour via the M1 freeway or just 20 minutes to the Central Coast
- Launch a boat, fish, sail or paddle on the lake – just 10 minutes down the road
- Explore local walking trails or go hiking in the nearby Watagans National Park, abundant with waterfalls, panoramic views, rainforest and wildlife
- Snap up some fresh produce at a nearby farmer’s gate or visit local garden markets
- Enjoy a picnic to the famed melodies of Bellbirds in the lush and scenic countryside just moments away
- Pedal or stroll around your favourite stretch of Lake Macquarie’s 174 kms of foreshore – taking in spectacular lake views from boardwalks, reserves, jetties and viewing platforms
- Find a quaint jetty to feast on fish and chips with the grandkids or watch pelicans grace the gentle foreshore
- Watch the sky turn every shade of pink as the sun sets over majestic Lake Macquarie or catch it rising with the gentle awakening of aquatic life
- Explore deserted beaches and find hidden treasures and surfing spots at some of the East Coasts’ best kept secret locations
- Get some retail therapy at nearby shopping centres or, in just a few minutes, jump on the train at Morisset for a day of indulgence in Sydney or Newcastle
- Grab a coffee at a rustic country café, a salty sea shack or modern expresso bar – whatever takes your fancy
- Cruise up the M1 Motorway to explore Hunter vineyards in just over 30 minutes
- Or simply lock up and leave, secure in the knowledge your house and garden will be taken care of, leaving you free to do whatever and go wherever you want, for however long you please.
So much, for so little – the Hunters hidden gem
With its relaxed country vibe, aquatic playgrounds, nature at every corner and the chance to escape the fast pace of life, yet be close enough to city convenience without the expensive price tag, it is little wonder this region in one of the fastest growing areas in the Hunter region.
From spacious modern homes and a cherished community to resort-style facilities that make you feel like you’re on holiday every single day – Catalina Lake Macquarie is the superior choice for Central Coast over 55s and retirees looking to downsize to a desirable and convenient location that boasts a laid back lifestyle.
If you would like more information about our retirement homes, floor plans or prices, or to arrange a private inspection by appointment, contact us HERE or call 1300 927 786. We’d love to show you around our gem in the Hunter.