Luxury Retirement Village in Newcastle, NSW
Over 55 living where you’re spoilt for choice
Nestled at the foothills of the Watagans, enveloped between lake and mountain in the green heartland of Lake Macquarie, the Catalina Lake Macquarie Retirement Village provides an exceptional lifestyle for retirees wanting affordable luxury in an ideal location.
With exquisite unspoilt coastlines nearby, lakes, mountains and vineyards to explore, and the thriving regional centres of Newcastle and the Central Coast close by, Catalina is perfectly positioned to make the most of the beautiful Hunter region.
A retirement lifestyle that ticks all the boxes for Novocastrians
For Newcastle over 55s considering a downsizing move, who wish to remain in close proximity to family and friends, but escape the ever-increasing expense and busyness of Newcastle, Catalina Lake Macquarie ticks all the boxes.
With resort-style facilities and luxury ground level homes in an award-winning over 55s community, Catalina provides incredible value for money and is an affordable alternative to Newcastle Retirement Villages so close to home and without compromise.
Just a short drive down the Freeway from Newcastle, you’ll never be far away from the familiar delights of Novocastrian living. Offering the best of both worlds, you’ll be free to dip in and out as you please, with the beauty and serenity of Catalina Lake Macquarie beckoning you back when you’ve had your fill.
Award-winning designer homes without the city price tag
Architecturally designed around a master-planned retirement community and constructed with resident’s future needs in mind, our brand-new contemporary homes start from the mid $500,000s.
Purpose-built for over 55s living, Catalina Village has been recognised as a leader in retirement living, taking out the prestigious HIA’s Hunter Region Specialised Housing Award in 2019 and was a finalist in the 2020 HIA Australian Housing Awards – testament to their vision to build the best quality, luxury and affordable over 55s retirement village in the Hunter region and beyond.
Taking pride of place at Catalina’s epicentre is the state-of-the-art community centre to rival the best retirement facilities Newcastle has to offer. Featuring an 8 rink all weather bowling green, outdoor BBQ terrace, gymnasium, 60 seat cinema, billiards room, residents lounge with cosy fireplaces, plus a heated indoor pool, hydrotherapy spa, café and bar soon to come, you’ll never be short of things to do.
For travel or water lovers there’s plenty of onsite storage for boats and caravans. Each Catalina home occupies its own block of land with a generous garage, private driveway and secure back yard, perfect for entertaining, pets or a veggie garden.
And best of all, Catalina’s homes and community facilities have been purpose-built to comply with the latest Australian Building Standards for Aged and Disability Access – meaning they are accessible to all regardless of mobility and are available for everyone to enjoy.
Live your best life in retirement with so much on your doorstep
Surrounded by nature, yet close to transport, shops, amenities and medical facilities, Catalina has everything you need or nearby to live your best life in retirement:
- Drive to Sydney’s north shore in less than an hour via the M1 freeway or just 20 minutes to the Central Coast
- Launch a boat, fish, sail or paddle on the lake – just 10 minutes down the road
- Pedal or stroll around your favourite stretch of Lake Macquarie’s 174 kms of foreshore – taking in spectacular lake views from boardwalks, reserves, jetties and viewing platforms
- Grab a coffee at a rustic country café, a salty sea shack or modern expresso bar – whatever takes your fancy
- Watch the sky turn every shade of pink as the sun sets over majestic Lake Macquarie or catch it rising with the gentle awakening of aquatic life
- Explore deserted beaches and find hidden treasures and surfing spots at some of the East Coasts’ best kept secret locations
- Find a quaint jetty to feast on fish and chips with the grandkids or watch pelicans grace the gentle foreshore
- Get some retail therapy at nearby shopping centres or, in just a few minutes, jump on the train at Morisset for a day of indulgence in Sydney or Newcastle
- Explore local walking trails or go hiking in the nearby Watagans National Park, abundant with waterfalls, panoramic views, rainforest and wildlife
- Snap up some fresh produce at a nearby farmer’s gate or visit local garden markets
- Enjoy a picnic to the famed melodies of Bellbirds in the lush and scenic countryside just moments away
- Cruise up the M1 Motorway to explore Hunter vineyards in just over 30 minutes
- Or simply lock up and leave, secure in the knowledge your house and garden will be taken care of, leaving you free to do whatever and go wherever you want, for however long you please.
So much, for so little, so close to Newcastle – the best of both worlds
With its relaxed country vibe and the chance to escape the fast pace of life, yet be close enough to city conveniences without the expensive price tag, it is little wonder this region is one of the fastest growing areas in Newcastle and the Hunter Region.
Add to this beautiful contemporary homes, a caring and compassionate community, and resort-style facilities that make you feel like you’re on holiday every single day – Catalina Lake Macquarie is the smart choice for Newcastle over 55s and retirees looking to downsize to a convenient and desirable lifestyle location.
To find out more about our retirement homes, floor plans or prices, or to arrange a private inspection by appointment, contact us HERE or call 1300 927 786. We’d love to show you around our gem in the Hunter.