Over 55 retirement living where you’re spoilt for choice.
Nestled at the foothills of the Watagans, enveloped between lake and mountain in the green heartland of Lake Macquarie, the Catalina Lake Macquarie Retirement Village provides an exceptional lifestyle for retirees wanting affordable luxury in an ideal location.
With exquisite unspoilt coastlines nearby, lakes, mountains and vineyards to explore, and the thriving regional centres of Newcastle and the Central Coast close by, Catalina is perfectly positioned for retirees to make the most of the beautiful Hunter region.
A retirement lifestyle that ticks all the boxes for Novocastrians
If you’re a Newcastle over 55 who is looking to stay close to family and friends but considering downsizing away from the hustle and bustle, Catalina Lake Macquarie has everything you need.
Our award-winning, luxury retirement village located to the south of Newcastle, boasts premium ground level homes and resort-style facilities and fosters the perfect, laidback environment for our over 55s community. Delivering an affordable alternative to Newcastle retirement villages, Catalina offers incredible value for money and zero compromise on quality of life.
Just a short drive down the Freeway from Newcastle, you’ll never be far away from the familiar delights of Novocastrian living. Offering the best of both worlds, you’ll be free to dip in and out as you please, with the beauty and serenity of Catalina Lake Macquarie beckoning you back when you’ve had your fill.
Award-winning designer homes without the city price tag
The Catalina Village retirement village is architecturally designed with our resident’s future in mind. Our master-planned retirement community has brand-new contemporary homes starting from the mid $500,000s.
Purpose-built for over 55s living, Catalina Village has been recognised as a leader in retirement living in the Newcastle & Hunter regions, taking out the prestigious HIA’s Hunter Region Specialised Housing Award in 2019 and was a finalist in the 2020 HIA Australian Housing Awards – evidence of fulfilling the vision to build the best quality, luxury and affordable over 55s retirement village in the Hunter region and beyond.
Placing community at the centre of our retirement village
Taking pride of place at Catalina’s epicentre is the state-of-the-art community centre to rival the best retirement facilities Newcastle has to offer. Featuring an 8 rink all weather bowling green, residents lounge with cosy fireplaces, outdoor BBQ terrace, gymnasium, billiards room and 60-seat cinema, plus a heated indoor pool, hydrotherapy spa, café and bar soon to come, you’ll never be short of things to do.
Travel and water lovers rejoice with a bounty of onsite storage for caravans and boats. Situated on its own block of land, each Catalina home comes bundled with a generous garage, private driveway, and secure back yard that’s perfect for entertaining, pets or a veggie garden.
The greatest part of all, the homes and community facilities at Catalina Lake Macquarie have been purpose-built to comply with the latest Australian Building Standards for Aged and Disability Access – offering optimal accessibility so that everyone can enjoy the fantastic opportunities on offer.
Everything you need for quality retirement living
Surrounded by nature, yet close to transport, shops, amenities and medical facilities, Catalina Village has everything you need or nearby to live your best life in retirement:
- Drive to Sydney’s north shore in less than an hour via the M1 freeway
- Launch a boat, fish, sail or paddle on the lake – just 10 minutes down the road
- Pedal or stroll around your favourite stretch of Lake Macquarie’s 174 kms of foreshore
- Grab a coffee at a rustic country café, a salty sea shack or modern espresso bar
- Watch the sky turn every shade of pink as the sun sets over majestic Lake Macquarie
- Explore deserted beaches and find hidden treasures and surfing spots
- Find a quaint jetty to feast on fish and chips with the grandkids
- Jump on the train at Morisset for a day of indulgence in Sydney or Newcastle
- Explore local walking trails or go hiking in the nearby Watagans National Park
- Snap up some fresh produce at a nearby farmer’s gate or visit local garden markets
- Enjoy a picnic to the famed melodies of bellbirds in the lush and scenic countryside
- Or simply lock up and leave, secure in the knowledge your house and garden will be taken care of, leaving you free to do whatever and go wherever you want, for however long you please
Have the best of both worlds so close to Newcastle
It’s no wonder this region is one of the fastest growing areas in Newcastle and the Hunter Region, with the luxury of easy, slow-paced living while remaining close by to city conveniences and an affordable price tag. Escape the hustle and bustle and embrace the beauty of a dazzling natural backdrop.
Add to this beautiful contemporary homes, a caring and compassionate community, and resort-style facilities that make you feel like you’re on holiday every single day – Catalina Lake Macquarie is the smart choice for Newcastle over 55s and retirees looking to downsize to a convenient and desirable lifestyle location.
Join us at Catalina Village
To find out more about our retirement homes, floor plans or prices, or to arrange a private inspection by appointment, contact us here or call 1300 927 786. We’d love to show you around our retirement living gem in the Hunter.
Rediscover yourself. Rediscover life at Catalina Lake Macquarie.
Catalina Lake Macquarie
- 68 Deaves Road, Cooranbong NSW
Natural Points of Interest
- Lake Macquarie (10 mins)
- Watagans National Park (15 mins)
- Walking Trails
- Vineyards (49 mins)
- Catherine Hill Bay Beach (30 mins)
- Red Bluff Boardwalk
- Westfield Tuggerah (20 mins)
- Local Farmers Markets
- Cooranbong shops (2 mins)
- Morisset shopping (6 mins)
- GP Super Clinic Morriset (6 mins)
- Toronto Private Hospital (20 mins)
- Wyong Hospital (23 mins)
- John Hunter (35 mins)
M1 Motorway (5 mins)
Train Station (7 mins)
Sydney North (60 mins)
Central Coast (20 mins)
Newcastle (40 mins)