Relax or explore – the choice is yours
Positioned by the blue water expanse of Lake Macquarie, Catalina Lake Macquarie Retirement Village offers exceptional over 55 living near the renowned Hunter Valley for those who desire affordable luxury in a prime location.
Catalina provides the ultimate retirement living in New South Wales, with the ideal balance of relaxation and opportunities to explore. Sydney is close by, but the village is still part of the unparalleled Hunter Valley region with a multitude of experiences that await.
A retirement village for Hunter Valley experiences
Catalina Retirement Village brings you right near the Hunter Valley. The birthplace of Australian wines, the Hunter Valley is known worldwide as a gourmet getaway. Expansive farmlands and fresh country air surround enchanting vineyards, restaurants for indulging and unforgettable experiences.
From tasting award-winning wines and sampling local produce to watching the sunrise from a hot air balloon, over 55 living by the Hunter Valley is truly blissful. This iconic region is open to you every day at Catalina Retirement Village, so you can explore every pocket to your heart’s content.
While the Hunter is famous for its wineries and restaurants, the experiences are endless. Whether its relaxing with yoga, getting creative with art or playing golf, there’s something for everyone, and all among the beautiful landscapes of the valley.
Award-winning homes with outstanding features
Architecturally designed, our retirement village offers modern and stylish homes that start from the mid $600,000s. Each one has been carefully considered with features that keep residents’ futures front of mind, delivering the best quality of living.
Catalina is a recognised leader in retirement villages near the Hunter Valley, having received the prestigious 2019 HIA’s Hunter Region Specialised Housing Award and been a finalist in the 2020 Australian Housing Awards. This is testament to our vision in providing quality, luxury and affordable over 55 living near the Hunter Valley and beyond.
When you’re not out exploring the Hunter Valley, Catalina Retirement Village offers a state-of-the-art community centre at its heart. Facilities include an 8 rink all weather bowling green, billiards room, 60 seat cinema, gymnasium, residents lounge with cosy fireplaces and outdoor BBQ terrace, plus a heated indoor pool, hydrotherapy spa, café and bistro.
For those who wish to explore the Central Coast, there is ample onsite storage for boats, as well as caravans. While each home has its own block of land, with features including a private driveway, generous garage and secure backyard – perfect for entertaining, a veggie garden or pets.
All homes and community facilities at Catalina Lake Macquarie Retirement Village comply with Australian Building Standards for Aged and Disability Access. This means they’re accessible for everyone, regardless of mobility.
With our retirement village near the Hunter Valley and Central Coast, it offers over 55 living by the lake, mountains and beaches. Yet, it is also close to public transport, shops and medical facilities. Everything you need to live your best life in retirement is here:
- Drive to Sydney’s north shore in an hour or just 20 minutes to the Central Coast
- Launch a boat, fish, sail or paddle on the lake – just 10 minutes down the road
- Pedal or stroll around your favourite stretch of Lake Macquarie’s 174 kms of foreshore
- Grab a coffee at a rustic country café, a salty sea shack or modern espresso bar
- Watch the sky turn every shade of pink as the sun sets over majestic Lake Macquarie
- Find a quaint jetty to feast on fish and chips with the grandkids
- Explore local walking trails or go hiking in the nearby Watagans National Park
- Snap up some fresh produce at a nearby farmer’s gate or visit local garden markets
- Cruise up the M1 Motorway to explore Hunter vineyards in just over 30 minutes
- Or simply lock up and leave, secure in the knowledge your house and garden will be taken care of, leaving you free to do whatever and go wherever you want, for however long you please
Affordable Hunter Valley over 55 living
As Australia’s oldest wine growing region, with exquisite paddock to plate dining, endless bike riding and fine art to admire, the Hunter Valley boasts premium over 55 living. With Catalina, you can get this and more at an affordable price.
Spacious designer homes and state-of-the-art facilities at Catalina Retirement Village make over 55 living by the Hunter Valley feel like a holiday every day. Catalina Lake Macquarie Retirement Village is the ultimate choice for retirement living near the Hunter Valley.
For more information on the homes at Catalina Lake Macquarie Retirement Village, including floor plans, prices and private inspections, please contact us here or call (02) 4062 8782. We’d love for you to discover over 55 living near the Hunter Valley with us.
Rediscover yourself. Rediscover life at Catalina Lake Macquarie.
Catalina Lake Macquarie
- 68 Deaves Road, Cooranbong NSW
Natural Points of Interest
- Lake Macquarie (10 mins)
- Watagans National Park (15 mins)
- Walking Trails
- Vineyards (49 mins)
- Catherine Hill Bay Beach (30 mins)
- Red Bluff Boardwalk
- Westfield Tuggerah (20 mins)
- Local Farmers Markets
- Cooranbong shops (2 mins)
- Morisset shopping (6 mins)
- GP Super Clinic Morriset (6 mins)
- Toronto Private Hospital (20 mins)
- Wyong Hospital (23 mins)
- John Hunter (35 mins)
M1 Motorway (5 mins)
Train Station (7 mins)
Sydney North (60 mins)
Central Coast (20 mins)
Newcastle (40 mins)